Friday, September 25, 2015
Newsflash – DOS Revises Visa Bulletin Filing Dates for Employment-Based and Family-Sponsored Applications to Adjust Status
On Friday, September 25, 2015, the Department of State (DOS) issued a revision of the previously-released Visa Bulletin for October 2015. According to the DOS, application filing dates for some categories in the Family-Sponsored and Employment-Based preferences have been adjusted to better reflect a timeframe justifying immediate action in the application process. The Dates for Filing Applications (Sections 4.B. and 5.B.) which have been adjusted have been identified in Bold type on the newly issued bulletin, which can be found here.
Specifically, the noted changes for Employment-Based filing categories are:
- India EB-2 priority date: July 1, 2009.
- China EB-2 priority date: January 1, 2013.
- Philippines EB-2 and EB-3 priority date: January 1, 2010.
- Mexico F-1 priority date: April 1, 1995.
- Mexico F-3 priority date: May 1, 1995.