Immigration Services

Immigration Services

For Artists & Entertainers

P-3 Nonimmigrant Visa for Artist or Entertainer in a Culturally Unique Program

The P-3 visa is for an individual or group of individuals coming to the U.S. for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching or teaching a unique and traditional art form.

In order to qualify in the P-3 classification, you must demonstrate that you will be furthering a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. You must also show that you are coming to the U.S. to participate in a cultural event or series of events which will further the understanding or development of your art form

As part of the process, the law also mandates that a peer group advisory opinion from an appropriate consulting entity, union or management group be submitted.

P-3 visas can be granted for the period necessary to complete the event, activity or performance, up to one (1) year, and can be extended indefinitely in one-year increments. There is no limit on how many extensions you can get, as long as you continue to carry out culturally unique events, activities or performances. The P-3 is an “employer-specific” visa, which allows you to work only for your sponsor.

Essential support personnel who are an integral part of the performance of a P-3 artist or entertainer and who perform support services that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker, are eligible for P-3 “support” classification.

Spouses and children of P-3 holders will be classified as P-4 “dependents.” Holders of P-4 status are not entitled to work in the United States.

21700 Oxnard Street, Suite 860, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 T 818.435.3500 F 818.435.3535