Immigration Services

Immigration Services

For Investors

E-2 Treaty Investor Nonimmigrant Visa

In order to qualify in the E-2 category, you must demonstrate that:
  • Requisite treaty exists;
  • You or the business possess the nationality of the treaty country;
  • You have invested or are actively in the process of investing into a company located in the United States;
  • The company is a real and operating commercial enterprise;
  • Your investment is substantial;
  • Your investment is more than a marginal one solely for earning a living;
  • You are in a position to "develop and direct" the enterprise;
  • If an employee, you will hold an executive/supervisory position or possess skills essential to the company’s operations in the United States; and
  • You intend to depart the United States when the E-2 status terminates.

You must meet all of the above criteria in order to qualify you for the E-2 visa. We will provide you with detailed instructions on what evidentiary proof is required in order to meet these criteria.

E-2 visas can be granted for a period of up to five (5) years and can be extended indefinitely. There is no limit on how many extensions you can obtain, as long as you continue to operate a viable business in the U.S. The E-2 is an "employer-specific" visa, which allows you to work only for your sponsoring business.

Spouses and children of E-2 visa holders, who are classified as E-2D "dependents", are entitled to work in the United States and may apply for an Employment Authorization Document.

21700 Oxnard Street, Suite 860, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 T 818.435.3500 F 818.435.3535