Outstanding Professor/Researcher Immigrant Visa Petition
In order to qualify in the EB-12 category as an outstanding professor or researcher, you must be sponsored by an employer (an academic institution or a private company) and demonstrate that you are recognized internationally as outstanding in your field. This is a high legal standard, and we will carefully evaluate your credentials before proceeding with the case.
International recognition can be demonstrated through evidence of at least two (2) of the following regulatory criteria:
- Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the field.
- Membership in professional associations that require outstanding achievements of their members.
- Published material about your work in professional publications.
- Participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the field.
- Original scientific or scholarly contributions to the field.
- Authorship of scholarly books or articles in the field in scholarly journals with international circulation.
Together with your EB-12 petition, you may submit your Application to Adjust Status to U.S. permanent residence if there is no immigrant visa backlog in your preference category. Alternatively, you may seek immigrant visa status by applying at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your home country.